Round out your job application with a professional cover letter. We have plenty of info about cover letters and how to write your own, but if you are specifically looking to work in Accounting, you’ve come to the right place.
Use this sample as reference for writing your own, or simply replace our information with your own. If, however, you’d rather have it professionally written, let our cover letter builder do the heavy lifting.
Table of Contents
- Entry Level Accounting Cover Letter & Resume (Image)
- Entry Level Accounting Cover Letter (Text Format)
- 5 Tips for Writing a Cover Letter
Entry-Level Accounting Cover Letter & Resume (Image)
The below images show both the Entry-Level Accounting Cover Letter and its corresponding resume. You can download your own for free by clicking the images below.
Create My Cover Letter Now
Download the Entry-Level Accounting Cover Letter Sample in MS Word
Looking for something different? Check out our cover letter collection for more examples.
Entry-Level Accounting Cover Letter (Text Format)
142 Facebook Blvd.
Fargo, ND, 94301 United States
March 21, 2017
Hiring Manager’s Name
341 Company Address
Fargo, ND, 94301
Dear [Hiring Manager’s Name],
My name is Richard Sanchez, and I am a recent accounting graduate with extensive internship experience in preparing invoices, analyzing financial data, and managing payroll at Fortune 500 companies. I found this job posting on LinkedIn and believe I would be a great choice for [Target Company’s] entry-level accounting position.
As an accounting intern at Marriott International, I had the opportunity to put my academic knowledge into practice. Working under skilled junior and senior accountants in a prestigious company allowed me to develop the necessary experience that will help me succeed at [Target Company]. Here are three examples from my resume that highlight my accomplishments at both Marriott International and Potter & Bukowski:
- Helped manage payroll and the registration of employees to Jobs and Pensions service for our 150+ employee branch.
- Reviewed, prepared, and issued bills and invoices from over 300+ clients.
- Helped prepare company debit and credit documents for 4% of our client base.
I think [Target Company’s] efforts to implement ‘strategy-driven’ service offerings are a great direction for the company. With this approach, [Target Company] will have more autonomy in choosing which corporate entities they wish to work with.
I am thrilled at the prospect of working with [Target Company] and would like to come in for an interview as soon as possible. Please contact me at [Phone] or via email at [Email] so we can arrange a meeting. Thank you for your time and consideration; I look forward to hearing from you.
5 Tips for Writing a Cover Letter
1. Be Thorough: Your cover letter needs to tell hiring managers your relevant experience, how you found the job, and which position you are applying for.
2. Be Confident: Be confident in your writing. You want to sound knowledgeable and self-assured, mentioning your experiences and why you’re valuable to the firm.
The best way to show you’re interested in a company is to conduct some in-depth research into their initiatives or goals and comment on it in your cover letter.
3. Sound Interested: The best way to show you’re interested in a company is to conduct some in-depth research into their initiatives or goals and comment on it in your cover letter. How can you contribute to these initiatives? Why do you think it’s a good direction for the company to go in?
4. Draw from Your Resume: The use of bullet points in the cover letter changes the overall structure of the text and will grab a hiring manager’s attention. We suggest including three solid work experience achievements from your resume to make a great impression.
5. Be Professional: To conclude your cover letter, be sure to relay your contact details and thank them for their time.
- 123 Main Street, Stateland, ST, 99999
- Home: (555) 123-9876
- Cell: (555) 123-9876
April 12, 2014
State of South Dakota Bureau of Finance and Management
RE: Accountant Analyst – Accountant / Auditor
Dear Hiring Manager,
It is with great excitement that I forward my application for the role of Accountant Analyst – Accountant / Auditor with the Bureau of Finance and Management. I am confident my strong communication skills, resourcefulness, and diverse expertise in accounting practices will enable me to streamline procedures and support growth for the organization.
A background and undergraduate degree in Accounting alongside diverse business experience have prepared me to hit the ground running as a highly-productive member your team. My previous managers have relied upon my ability to quickly identify issues and errors and swiftly implement effective solutions.
I am an analytical thinker, with the grit and tenacity to accomplish complex assignments under tight deadlines. My tireless work ethic and proven business acumen allow me to leverage a comprehensive understanding of company operations to establish effective organizational processes and enhance efficiency.
Please consider the following qualifications:
- CPA candidate with a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree in Accounting from the University of Alaska Southeast.
- Managed financial records and assets for Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation where I was able to utilize and develop my accounting knowledge and skills in a corporate environment.
- Effective time manager with strong organizational skills.
After researching the State of South Dakota Bureau of Finance and Management, I believe this type of work environment would be a great opportunity to further my career. I have attached my resume, which further illustrates my skills. I am a resourceful accountant with a commitment to strengthening interpersonal communication and fostering teamwork.
I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak to someone from your team regarding a Accountant Analyst – Accountant / Auditor position. I may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or (907) 745-1887. Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.