Digital Education in India
January 22, 2016
by Rumani Saikia Phukan
With the development of Internet, mobile phones, mobile apps, tablets, laptops, and other modern devices, things are becoming more and more digitalised in today’s world. The education system in India’s metros and other cities has also become modernised to a great extent, making way for digitalisation. With a number of International schools coming up, digital education is making its way into the education system of India and is taking the place of the traditional classroom training.
Basic difference between digital education and the class room education
Gone are those days when classroom training was restricted to textbook learning, teachers using the blackboard to explain things and students writing down notes in copies. The traditional teacher-centred methods of teaching and task-based approaches to learning focused more on making notes and memorization. However, it’s no more chalk and talk in most schools. Classroom teaching has become more and more interactive nowadays with the use of digital methods such as PPTs, video presentations, e-learning methods, practical demos, online training and other digital methods or platforms.
Advantages of teacher-led classroom training
- This is an efficient method of presenting a large volume of study material to students.
- It is a personal, face-to-face type of training.
- Everyone gets the same information at the same time.
- It is cost-effective.
Disadvantages of teacher-led classroom training
- Sometimes it is not interactive.
- Success of the lectures depends on the effectiveness of the teacher.
- More of memorising and mugging up for the students, instead of enhancing their metal skills and abilities.
- Time taking.
How does digital education benefit the child?
- Interactive: With digital education, classroom teachings have become more fun and interactive. Children tend to be more attentive. They are not only listening but also viewing it on the screen which makes their learning all the more effective. Here, sounds and visuals go hand-in-hand which is easy for the child to grasp.
- Attention to details: Interactive online presentations or practical sessions in educational content through interactive screen time help the students to pay more attention to details which enable them to complete their activities on their own.
- Quick completion: Using tabs, laptops or notepads, instead of pens and pencils, motivates children to complete their tasks quickly.
- Vocabulary: Active online screen time helps students develop language skills. By reading eBooks or accessing study materials online, they learn new words and expand their vocabulary.
- Learn at his pace: Many a times, a student hesitates to ask a question to his teacher in classroom training. But with digital education, even if he does not understand anything at one go, he can attend the recorded sessions to clear his doubts. Technology enables a student to learn at his own pace.
- User-friendly: The best thing about digital education is that it is user-friendly. You can very well access your curriculum wherever you are. You can learn on the go. Even if you miss certain classes, you can access the class notes and download files from the school website.
- Learn on his own: Also, nowadays, online study materials are easily available. Even if the entire education system is not digitalised, yet students can leverage the power of digital content depending upon their capabilities. So students, can access exclusive online study modules of various subjects, which help them to enhance their knowledge even without a teacher.
- External guidance: With online education, students can even further connect with distant counsellors and faculty to seek guidance or resolve queries.
Disadvantages of digital education for children
However, digital education also has its disadvantages:
- Expensive: First of all, it is expensive. That is why we see that most International schools and schools that have digital education are far more expensive than the regular schools.
- Infrastructure: To have digital education means, you need to have a proper infrastructure not only at schools but also at homes, particularly affordable broadband.
- No fixed schedule: Online learning requires much better management and rigid schedules, whereas in traditional classroom training, everything is as per a fixed schedule.
- Reduces creative abilities: Getting all answers on the net easily also reduces the children’s own creative abilities.
- Lazy approach to studies: This may lead to poor study habits and can develop in children a lazy attitude. Digital education can also make children forget the basic way of studying. Even for simple problems and homework, they are used to seeking help from the net.
- Security: Last but not the least, going online does not mean that your child is only looking for study materials. There are many things which a child might come across that are not good for him.
So, digital education has its pros and cons. So, students need to be properly guided by their parents and teachers every time they are going to use the online technology.
Read: Understanding the Importance of Education in Life
Importance of education tells us the value of education in our life. Education means a lot in everyone’s life as it facilitates our learning, knowledge and skill. It completely changes our mind and personality and helps us to attain the positive attitudes. We must give importance to the education than other targets in life as it is the only source of real happiness in our life.
Essay on Importance of Education
We all want to see our kids going towards success which is only possible through the good and proper education. Every parent tells their kids from childhood about the importance of education in the life and all the advantages of education to make their mind towards better study in the future. Make your kids and children habitual of writing essays, participate in debates and discussion and many more skill enhancing activities in the schools or at home using such simple essays. We are here to help you all parents in making your kid’s better future by providing simple essay on importance of education. Following importance of education essay are easily worded and given under various words limit especially for students. You can select anyone of these according to the class standard:
Importance of Education Essay 1 (100 words)
Better education is very necessary for all to go ahead in the life and get success. It develops confidence and helps building personality of a person. School education plays a great role in everyone’s life. The whole education has been divided into three divisions such as the primary education, secondary education and Higher Secondary education. All the divisions of education have their own importance and benefits. Primary education prepares the base which helps throughout the life, secondary education prepares the path for further study and higher secondary education prepares the ultimate path of the future and whole life. Our good or bad education decides that which type of person we would in the future.
Importance of Education Essay 2 (150 words)
In such competitive world, it is must for all to have good education. The importance of higher education has become increased in getting good job and position. Proper education creates lots of ways to go ahead in the future. It makes us strong mentally, socially and intellectually by increasing our knowledge level, technical skills and good position in the job. Each and every kid has their own dream of doing something different in the life. Sometimes parents dream for their kids to become a doctor, IAS officer, PCS officer, engineer and other high level positions. There is only one way to all dreams which is good education.
Students who are interested in other areas like sports, game, dance, music, etc continue their further study together with their specialties in order to have degree, knowledge, skill and confidence. There are many boards of education such as UP board, Bihar board, ICSE board, CBSE board, etc according to the state. Education is a very good tool which benefits all through the life.
Importance of Education Essay 3 (200 words)
Education is very important tool for everyone to succeed in life and get something different. It helps a lot in lessening the challenges of life difficult life. Knowledge gained throughout the education period enables each and every individual confident about their life. It opens various doors to the opportunities of achieving better prospects in life so promotes career growth. Many awareness programmes has been run by the government in enhance the value of education in rural areas. It brings feeling of equality among all people in the society and promotes growth and development of the country.
Education plays a paramount role in the modern technological world. Now-a-days, there are many ways to enhance the education level. The whole criteria of education have been changed now. We can study through the distance learning programmes after the 12th standard together with the job. Education is not so costly, anyone one with less money may study continuously. We can get admission in the big and popular universities with fewer fees through the distance learning. Other small training institutes are providing education to enhance the skill level in particular field.
Importance of Education Essay 4 (250 words)
Education is must for both men and women equally as both together make a healthy and educated society. It is an essential tool for getting bright future as well as plays a most important role in the development and progress of the country. Citizens of the country become responsible for the better future and development of the country. Highly educated people become the base of the developed country. So, proper education makes the bright future of both, the individual and the country. It is only educated leaders who build the nation and lead it to the height of success and progress. Education makes people as perfect and noble as possible.
Good education gives many purposes to the life such as enhancement of the personal advancement, increase social status, increase social health, economical progress, success to the nation, set goals of life, make us aware towards many social issues and gives solutions to solve environmental problems and other related issues. Now-a-days, education has become very simple and easy because of the implementation of distance learning programmes. Modern education system is fully capable to remove the social issues of illiteracy and inequality among people of different race, religion and caste.
Education develops the people’s minds to a great level and helps in removing all the differences in the society. It makes us able to become a good learner and understand every aspect on life. It provides ability to understand all the human rights, social rights, duties and responsibilities towards country.
Importance of Education Essay 5 (300 words)
Education is an essential tool for bright future for all of us. We can achieve anything good in the life using the tool of education. Higher level of education helps people in earning social and family respect and unique recognition. Education time is a crucial part of life for everyone personally and socially. It provides a person a unique standard in the life and feeling of well being. Education provides ability to solve any big social and family and even national and international level problems. No one of us can unseen the importance of education in the life in every aspect. It turns the minds towards positivity in the life and removes all the mental problems and negativity.
It changes the people’s thought by bringing positive thoughts and removing negative thoughts. Our parent plays a great role in turning our mind towards education from childhood. They try their best to give us good education from the popular educational institutions. It provides us opportunity to gain technical and highly skilled knowledge as well as enlarge our views all over the world. Best ways to enhance the skill and knowledge level is to get practiced of reading news paper, seeing educational programmes on TV, reading books of good authors, etc. Education makes us more civilized and better educated. It helps us in making better position in the society and achieves dreamed position in the job.
It makes us able to become a good doctor, engineer, officer, pilot, teacher, etc in the life whatever we want to become. Regular and proper study leads us towards success by making a goal of life. Earlier the education system was so tough and people from all castes were not able to get education according to their own wish. It was very tough to get admission in the proffered colleges because of high cost. But now it has become so simple and easy to go ahead in the education.
Importance of Education Essay 6 (400 words)
Home is the first place of education and parents are first teacher in everyone’s life. In our childhood, we get first impression of education from our home especially form our mother. Our parents let us know the importance of good education in the life. When we become three or four years old, we sent to the school for the proper, regular and sequential study where we have to give many exams and then we get a pass certificate for one class. Slowly we go ahead by passing our one by one class until we get passed successfully till 12th standard. Then start preparations for getting admission to the technical or professional degree which is called as higher study. Higher study is very necessary for all to get good and technical job in the life.
We become a well educated person in the life by the efforts of our parents and teachers. They are real well wishers of us who helps us in leading our life towards success. Now-a-days, many governmental programmes have been implemented to enhance the education system so that everyone may get access to the proper education. Lots of advertisements are shown on the TV and news to make people aware of the advantages and importance of education especially in the rural areas as people in backward or rural areas do not want to study because of poorness and improper understating towards the education.
Earlier the education system was so tough and costly, poor people were not able to get higher studies after the 12th standard. There was so much differences and inequality in the society among people. People of higher caste were studying well and people of lower caste were not allowed to study in the schools and colleges. However currently, the whole criteria and theme of education has been changed to a great level. There are many rules and regulations have been made and implemented by the Indian government to make education system accessible and less costly for all level of people. Most importantly the distance learning programmes has made higher studies so simple and cheap so that people from backwards areas, poor people and people living good life may get equal access to the education and success in the future. Well educated people make the healthy pillar of the country and lead it ahead in the future. So, education is the tool which can make every impossible thing possible in the life, society and nation.
More on Education:
Speech on Importance of Education
Slogans on Importance of Education
Essay on Education
Speech on Education
Quotes on Education
Essay on Girl Education
Essay on Adult Education in India
Essay on Women Education in India
Slogans on Education
Speech on Value of Education